Advanced Medical Transport offers medical and dental coverage along with a prescription drug card to employees and their families.
Interested in a career with us?
Advanced Medical Transport strives to be an employer of choice in healthcare and community care. Among our nearly 400 team members are many who were here during the company’s very beginning 30 years ago.
Most of our leadership and executive team began as EMTs and Paramedics in our ambulances. AMT is a place to build an exciting, fulfilling career caring for others in the cities and towns we serve - about 65 total!
We offer comprehensive career building education through our fully-accredited EMS Academy. Below, we detail the positions within our organization, along with flow charts showing the steps involved to get there. As always, we are here to assist you in any way you need. Contact Us Today!
- Employees are eligible to participate upon hire.
- Plan provides for both employee and employer contributions:
- Employer match is 50% of the employee contribution!
- Plan offers various investment options.
Employees are provided with basic life insurance up to 1x their annual salary at no cost to the employee.
Advanced Medical Transport offers employees Short-term disability at no cost to the employee, which is payable after the employee has been unable to work due to their own illness or injury for more than 14 days. Benefits are payable at 100% of employees’ base wages.
All benefited employees are provided with an EAP free of charge which provides assistance with many of life’s tough issues including personal relationship information and counseling, health management and support, childcare and/or eldercare referrals, legal consulting, financial planning assistance, career development, and more.
Advanced Medical Transport generously provides time off for its employees in the form of PTO. Should employees be ill or need to care for an ill immediate family member, personal pay is also provided. New employees have access to accrued paid time off after three months of service with Advanced Medical Transport. Details are as follows:
- 0 - 1 Years = 120 Hours
- 1 - 5 Years = 160 Hours
- 6 - 10 Years = 200 Hours
Advanced Medical Transport recognizes six paid holidays each year including the following:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Section 125/Flexible Spending Program
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Fitness Center Membership
- Paid Continuing Education
- Furnished Uniforms
- Complete the on-line employment application and other required documents.
- A job-related assessment will then be sent to you via email once the application and forms have been fully completed. You must score in an acceptable range to continue with the process, as the assessment is a good indicator of whether or not you will be a good match for the environment at Advanced Medical Transport. This is important to ensure the success of both you and Advanced Medical Transport.
- Upon successful completion of the assessment test, your application will be reviewed for work history, background information and to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications for the job for which you are applying.
- Provided your application passes this review, it will then be determined if additional pre-employment testing is required for the job for which you are applying. If so, you will be notified of this via email and contacted to schedule this testing or given instructions via email on how to access the required tests on-line.
- If no additional pre-employment testing is required, you will then be scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager, which may include a panel interview. For EMT & Paramedic positions, you will be contacted via phone and/or email to be invited to the next scheduled field hiring process. This process includes both a clinical and behavioral interview.
- If after the interview (and other testing if required), it is determined that you are a match for Advanced Medical Transport, you will be notified by phone. Immediately following, a criminal background check, including driving record (only for those positions requiring driving) and past employment reference check will be conducted.
- If background and reference results are favorable, an offer for employment will be extended which will be contingent upon results of pre-employment physical, drug test, lift test (if applicable), and immunization requirements.
- If all medical requirements are met, the offer will be confirmed, and you will be scheduled to begin employment, typically on the next scheduled New Hire Onboarding date.
- All new employees are required to attend New Hire Onboarding and then continue with applicable required training/academy for their respective jobs.
It is Advanced Med's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and not to discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era.
Our communities we serve offer hot summers and crisp winters, dazzling fall foliage and brilliant spring blooms, where each community is home to numerous festivals, sporting events, exceptional golf courses and world-class art and culture to endless stretches of wooded riverbanks, hiking trails and farming communities. Whether you enjoy the city life or the quiet small community life, the Midwest can offer you both.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Advanced Medical Transport is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, certain unfavorable discharges from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Illinois Human Rights Act, you may request reasonable accommodations needed to participate in the application process due to a disabling condition or pregnancy.
See current job listings
Ready to get started in a new career? Check out our full list of current job openings or upload your resume and join the "Talent Community" to stay informed of future openings.
Have further questions?
Contact our Human Resource staff. We are here to assist you in any way you need.
- Phone: (309) 999-4058
What career path is right for me?
EMT-Basic is the entry-level position in Emergency Medical Services (EMS). EMT-Basics are able to control life threatening bleeding, provide basic cardiac life support, maintain an airway, splint an injured extremity, and administer lifesaving medications.
Paramedics are trained with knowledge of the acute, critical changes in physiology, psychological, and clinical symptoms as they pertain to the out-of-hospital care of the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient. They perform advanced procedures like IVs and Endotracheal Intubation, and administer more medications.
Critical Care Transport Paramedic
Critical Care Transport Paramedics are Paramedics with additional training to manage patients who need mobile intensive care. AMT, with Dr. George Hevesy, started the very first Critical Care ground transport program in Illinois in 1993.
Pre-Hospital Registered Nurse
Pre-Hospital Registered Nurses are nurses who are trained to function in a Pre-Hospital emergency capacity. At AMT, our PHRNs function as paramedics. Some of our providers hold both certifications.
Illinois Patient Transport Technician
Illinois Patient Transport Technicians provide prompt, compassionate transport, via secure car, for persons having a behavioral or mental health crisis and needing special resources. IPT Technicians provide transportation all throughout the state of Illinois.
Vehicle Service Technician
Vehicle Service Technicians work at AMT Headquarters in Peoria in our Fleet Services department. VSTs make sure our vehicles are cleaned, disinfected, stocked, and ready go in service on a moments notice. AMT maintains a fleet of over 65 ambulances, in addition to many other transport and non-transport vehicles!
What's the Difference
An EMT is a person with medical skills. AMT (Advanced Medical Transport) is the largest provider of Emergency Medical Services in downstate Illinois.
EMTs and Paramedics look almost identical. AMT ambulances typically come with one of each, but are also sometimes staffed with Pre-Hospital Nurses and Critical Care Paramedics. They all work similar shifts, wear similar uniforms, spend their days inside an ambulance, and their jobs are to save lives. The primary differences between certification levels are training, responsibilities, and salary.
Training & Responsibilities
An EMT typically completes 120+ hours of classroom training, plus field internship, before becoming certified.
A paramedic, on the other hand, builds on that initial EMT foundation by completing 1,500+ hours of additional classroom and clinical training before certification. This higher level of training can take one to two years to complete.
EMTs and paramedics share many of the same responsibilities as first responders—providing emergency aid for those suffering from injury or illness.
The primary difference between the two is that with the exception of auto-injectors (such as the EpiPen), EMTs are not allowed to do invasive procedures.
The advanced training of paramedics allows them to do everything an EMT does plus administer many medications, start IVs, and provide advanced airway management. This might include intubation, CPAP or BiPAP, and other advanced procedures. In 1993, Advanced Medical Transport pioneered the first Critical Care ground transport program in Illinois. A Critical Care Paramedic is similar to an Intensive Care Unit provider, and may transport a ventilated patient , or one with multiple IV drips at once.